Sunday 31 July 2016

Faces | Terhi Koskinen

Hello all!

Terhi here with simple collage on canvas. The idea came from a need - I just felt like I NEED to do something but don't what. And as the first thing I found from my mixed media box was a bunch of broken barbie dolls...


...this is what I came up with.
Inspired by Olga's class at the last mixed media pARTy. I cut the barbies heads off. And then half of the heads, so I only had the faces.
The faces, and some other broken toys came quick together to a collage by using hot glue and gel medium. The hot glue also worked as extra texture. Didn't need any modelling paste or stencil for this one.


I'm not sure if this will end up to my wall, but it sure was fun to create and learn!
Using several layers of mists and shiny powders gave a lovely coloring with shadows.


I even had my daughter's permission to use those broken barbies to my project, so I'm not that bad Mom ;)


Thank you for stopping by!

Terhi xx



13arts products:

No comments:

Post a Comment