Wednesday 13 May 2015

Black is the new White with Jelissa

Hello everyone!

Back in after a nice family holiday to share a little OTP project for 13@rts! Today, it's all about black!

Let me just share a little about the inspiration behind this. We managed to see the Milky Way while in Australia and my mind has been filled with sparkles and glitter and dark background ever since. I had a nice bottle of Ayeeda black gesso which I have been wanting to use and this little holder that came along with it was just perfect.


 To create texture, I wrapped a nice piece of lace around (which just happened to be the right size, thanks YY!) and painted over it with black matte paint and silver glitter paint. That's how I got that sparkly look in the background. 



This is a chipboard word piece designed by Olga Heldwein and I painted it with a generous layer of Old Gold Metallic paint for a dimensional look. The photo doesn't quite do it justice, but the shine is just amazing.



The little stuff I have to make more texture. There was first a layer of mica flakes, then sand grit, then a nice thick paste of gold pearl paint with Ayeeda Magic Powder. 



For this chipboard piece, I used black gesso instead of my usual white because I wanted to use the Green Metallic paint as a glaze. See how the mica inside shines through the black base and it has such a completely different effect from the usual white gesso. 



And all over the edge of the top I used the same thick paste I made with Gold Pearl Paint and Magic Powder to create an outline.

13@rts products used:

Ayeeda Paint METALLIC! Green, Ayeeda Paint METALLIC! Old GoldAyeeda Paint - Pearl GoldAyeeda Paint - Silver GlitterAyeeda Paint - Matte BlackBlack Gesso - acrylic primer 120mlMedium żelowe- Gel medium MATTMedium acrylic liquid - Liquid Acrylic MediumNatural mica fine silverNatural mica flakes LIGHT GOLDGravel colored / colored Grit Light BlueGlass microspheresMAGIC! PowderChipboard tekturką "Starlight-words" 
That's all I have for you today. How would you use your black gesso if you had a tub?

love,


No comments:

Post a Comment